I have a good-sized portable gas powered generator as well.

I also have wide 'Caution' tape as well as a large supply of many colors of
survey and marking ribbons. I have found that using two colors tied on at
the same time is MUCH more effective than a single color of any color. The
Caution tape is mostly used for boundary marking while the colored marking
ribbons are effective at line and object marking.

Let me know if any of this is needed-
Doug