General

   - PC Composites, Machine Sciences, and Boeing have showed interest in
   donating material/machining.
   - Trapezoidal fins with a large sweep angle (70 degrees from
   perpendicular) show a slight advantage over other fin types, based on some
   preliminary OpenRocket testing.

PSAS meeting notes

   - *Getting a freezer for the CF is our immediate bottleneck.* LV4 is in
   charge of this, but there's no reason LV3 can't help.
      - See Boeing notes about sizes.
      - There are walk-in freezers in the SRTC. I'll ask about them.
   - We should ask Machine Sciences if they would be willing to do the
   machining for the NSR too. (After the stuff for LV3 of course.)
   - Does the CF need so be stored in an inert atmosphere?
      - No, according to Sandie, our Boeing contact, it just needs to be
      vacuum bagged to block moisture and kept in a freezer.
   - If we're worried about heating in the nose cone, we should look up
   what temperature epoxy starts to be damaged at.
   - N-class motors are essentially our design motors.
   - During the PSAS meeting next week there will be a short introduction
   to Github... in theory.
   - Open question for the whole airframe mailing list and LV3: *what
   stability margin caliber is too low?*
      - Stability margin caliber is how far the center of pressure (CP) is
      behind the center of gravity (CG) in units of rocket diameters.

Boeing meeting notes

   - The Boeing CF comes in widths ranging from 6" to 60". They have 24"
   wide rolls, which would be ideal. (The PCC rolls are 5 feet?)
   - If Boeing donates material it will be 8276 (unidirectional) and
   expired.
      - "Cat 1" or "Category 1" material is super-primo aerospace grade.
      - "Cat 3" or "Category 3" material is no longer fit for making
      planes, but still pretty great.
   - The prepreg they use isn't tacky at room temperature.
      - They use tackifier (basically adhesive) to get it to stick to
      things. Heating it might also work.
      - They might not have any adhesive sheets to donate, since that's not
      a thing they really use.
   - *We need to make a list of the things we want from them, including
   quantities.*
   - The way material donations from Boeing work is this... They keep a
   bunch of stock. Sometimes some of it goes unused and expires. Sometimes
   they order a lot of stuff and their freezers get full. When this stuff
   happens, they normally just pass it on to the University of Washington.
      - Because we're not part of this default donation process, we need to
      periodically ask if there's going to be a donation cycle soon. Leslie has
      volunteered to do this.
   - There *might* be future seminars on CF, composites, and material
   science.

~Joe Shields