Tonight, the Portland State Aerospace Society is sponsoring Dr. Myron
Kayton, a distinguished IEEE AESS lecturer, to present "100 Years of
Inertial Navigation" here at Portland State University.
Please join us, if you can!
When: Monday April 21st, 2008 at 7:00pm
Where: PSU Engineering Building, Room 102
1930 SW Fourth Avenue
Portland, OR 97201
Dr. Kayton's talk will cover:
- Dead reckoning vs. absolute navigation
- Antecedents; marine gyrocompass and gunfire control
- Gimbal sets
- Strap-down configurations
- Computers: analog to digital
- Calibration and alignment
- Future trends
Refreshments will be served.
For more information, please contact Andrew Greenberg at 503.708.7711.
psas-announce mailing list