I guess not knowing the content of the original thread, or understanding
the cause for this preposterous idea is the price I pay for not showing
up to meetings! :) Sorry.

However might I suggest the following; Leave the avionics bus
specification alone, and have an external group (?) design/provide an
adapter that converts both the supply voltage and connector style
between a PSAS avionics bus node, and standard USB. This would help
delimit feature-creep on the generic node hardware.

I suspect the intent of this discussion is to allow a node to be plugged
straight into ones laptop?

Glenn