So, after a bit of work, i've got eclipse/gdb/openocd/freertos setup to do
eclipse based debugging. If anyone is up for being a guinea pig this
evening, I'd like to go thru the setup procedure on someone elses laptop and
simultaneously document the procedure on the wiki. If your interested,
please bring your olimex board + jtag programmer + 9VDC power supply + usb
stuff. It would also be helpful if you can pre-install Eclipse Europa (aka
v3.3), as well as the latest version of openocd, which you may need to pull
from the svn repo and compile (instructions on wiki). I tested under gcc
4.2.1, built and installed based on the instructions on the PSAS wiki (
http://psas.pdx.edu/OlimexLPC2148Setup/   Alternate Setup under Debian
Linux)

Regards,
-Dave