Has anyone done any real time investigations with USB?  I've started
doing some investigations for another effort I'm working on and I'm
finding that at least the USB2serial stack is absolutely awful real
time characteristics.  I mean really bad.

I know about USB bulk retries and on a busy hub you can get back ups
of data throughput.  However; for interrupt (which is actually a
polling process) devices I wouldn't have expected too much jitter in
delivery times.

This all makes me wonder about how real time will Ischronous be even?

Anyway do you guys have a real time aspect for the avionics that have
USB in to critical path?  If so we should do some prototyping.

--mgross