Hey everyone,

We have lots to do on the avionics system, but some of it we can do
"fast, cheap and dirty".One part of that system is a standalone ATV
system for upcoming airframe launch of LV2c. Handy for airframe tests,
as well as tracking multiple stages in the future :)

The standalone ATV system would include:

Phase I: The Basics

- LiPoly battery pack + charger + connection to shore power
- Camera + 2.4 GHz ATV transmitter
- Maybe a power amp? not sure yet.
- 2.4 GHz patch antenna

Phase II: Tracking system!

- Teeny tiny COTs GPS with NMEA output
- BOB X overlay board (which apparently parses NMEA input)
- 1.5 GHz preamp
- 1.5 GHz patch antenna

Phase III: Extra Fancy!

- ARM board to tie it into future flight computer.

This Wednesday, we'll work out requirements, specifications, and start
designing. The idea is to get this done ASAP to have some working
hardware for the next flight, and then get down to business of doing the
next avionics system.