On Wed, 2008-12-24 at 10:48 -0800, Erik Walthinsen wrote:

> I took a quick look at the postscript dump of the boards, and I'm seeing
> a lot of things that make really nervous about the layout, specifically
> regarding design rules.  There are a lot of things jammed right up
> against the edge of the board, and a lot of holes placed very close to
> each other.

Bdale cleaned up the edges to get everything at least 10mils away. Did
you take a look at the files in the URL? Or just those I sent along
before?

> Has the board been DRC'd against the rules supplied by whichever board
> house you're using?  I'm pretty sure it's going to flag a fair number of
> those things.

Yeah, the automatic checker from the board builder seems happy enough
with the current layout. It is a compact little board though. Obviously,
keeping it small means fitting into more rockets so we have an interest
in not being over generous with space.

> I'd be happy to help massage the layout, if it's in Eagle...

Bdale uses the gEDA tools under Linux, which have all the advantages and
disadvantages of being free software. The gEDA guys seem to be making
reasonable progress these days, along with getting some money from
LinuxFund. And they appear interested in getting feedback from actual
users.

--
keith.pack...@intel.com