Keith Packard wrote:
> Bdale cleaned up the edges to get everything at least 10mils away. Did
> you take a look at the files in the URL? Or just those I sent along
> before?
I checked the first batch of files sent out under this subject, didn't
see an update.  Found it now, looks better but whatever that huge
footprint is on the bottom left still looks uncomfortably close.  Where
are the boards going for fab?  Most places I've looked at want 25-40mil
from the edge.  Then again 4-layer process generally has smaller
tolerances than quick-turn 2-layer.

> Yeah, the automatic checker from the board builder seems happy enough
> with the current layout. It is a compact little board though. Obviously,
> keeping it small means fitting into more rockets so we have an interest
> in not being over generous with space.
K, just wanted to make sure the board-house rules didn't cause you grief
with some of those edges ;-)

> Bdale uses the gEDA tools under Linux, which have all the advantages and
> disadvantages of being free software. The gEDA guys seem to be making
> reasonable progress these days, along with getting some money from
> LinuxFund. And they appear interested in getting feedback from actual
> users.
I ought to give it a try again, though I'm so used to Eagle at this point...