On Wed, 2008-12-24 at 10:51 -0800, rq1...@q7.com wrote:

Thanks so much for your review; glad to hear there aren't any
show-stoppers as we've just sent the boards in to be fabbed yesterday.

> I don't like mechanical power switches for high reliability devices, nor
> for rechargeable batteries.

We don't really have a good choice here -- it's a safety issue keeping
power away from the charges until the rocket is on the pad and lifted to
a vertical position. Powering down the electronics is SOP for both NAR
and Tripoli flight operations.

Balancing safety of the people loading the rocket onto the rail and
safety of the rocket coming back down, I'm afraid I'll side with
preventing a software error from firing an ejection charge at the wrong
time and risk having the rocket computer stop working in flight.

But, yes, getting solid, reliable mechanical switches for this is
definitely a requirement.

--
keith.pack...@intel.com