A few weeks ago I did the exercise of bringing up lpcusb on the latest
openocd.  I had only one gotch with setting the checksum flag for the
flash config line in the OCD config file.

I can bring my goods into work if you like.
I was able to program the LPC using either USB bus power or power from the
OCD-USB jtag.

Serial port also worked for me.

--mgross