Hi all,
I'm researching candidates to replace the current power switch controllers
on the APS and I've got a couple questions.

First:  Is there such a thing as too small?  I'm looking at a 3mm x 3mm
10-pin SOIC package.  I think the current chip is like a 6mm x 10mm 8 pin
package.  Does a smaller chip with more pins just complicate things?

Second: I'm currently basing my search on the ability of the IC to meet the
given specs (i.e. adjustable current trip/trip delay, latch-off ,
soft-on/soft-off, etc.) and am using the specs of the old chip as sort of a
guide for all other specs.  My understanding is that a wide range for
Vsupply is also a must (9-20V is what I've been told).  Are there any other
features/specifications which need immediate consideration such as
overvoltage/undervoltage lockout, quiescent current, etc?

Basically, there are a lot of these chips out there, and the datasheets for
these chips provide so much data, so I'm just wondering if there are a few
benchmark specs that would tell me whether the part even deserves
consideration.

Thanks!!

Scott