I'm doing the IC layout for the LPC2368 and I have a small discrepancy in land
layouts that I would like clarification for.
The package outline shows all 100 pins the same size, while the PC board
footprint drawing shows the lands slightly larger for the 8 corner pins (two
slightly different pad sizes on the drawing). I checked the
psas_eagle_library.lbr to see how the last team laid out the LPC2148 and I see
that they left all the pins the same size, which makes sense as none of the
corner pins appear to be power or ground anyway. Would there be another valid
reason to have the corner pads larger? As it's only 8 pins, I'm moving forward
with them all the same size.
Thanks,
Ken Z (capstone 2009)