Quoting Ken Zig <kenz...@yahoo.com>:

I am currently working on the EAGLE node 5 front end schematic and have a few questions. So far I have removed the portions of the SPS that I do not want to use.  I have inserted some of the new SPS design, and I have inserted the new LPC2368 controller. I have not yet wired anything to the LPC2368, only moved the existing design around enough to fit it into the schematic. The file as it stands has been pushed to avionics-cad/lv2-node5/node5-frontend-rev1.sch so you can see where I'm at as of now, though I'll still be changing it throughout the night.  As for the questions:

Is there a way to copy and paste from one .sch file to another in EAGLE?  It seems that I may be able to do this by moving one schematic off to the side and using the diff of the exported script, but that proved somewhat difficult and resulted in many errors.

Yes. It's odd, but it works well.
-Open the source schematic
-Surround the stuff you wish to copy with the group box
-Click CUT (scissors)
-Click GO (right click mouse) to select group at center
-Open destination schematic
-Click PASTE
-Position parts and left click to set

Can I surround the new IC with a bus and make every pin go directly to the bus?  I see in the existing .sch that several pins skip the bus and then run around the page, this seems pointless, but I may be missing something fundamental here.

Using buses in this way is common in industry, even with other (better) CAD tools. It may help if you use a few buses with different purposes, i.e. an analog bus, a digital IO bus, an external parallel memory bus, etc. as needed by your application. The point is to connect the nets for your layout, but also to make your schematic clean so that mistakes are obvious and therefore caught in the review stage.

Can I make the schematic bigger, or is it already a standard size?

Actually, the only reason I can think of to limit the size is so you can print the schematic. I have borders (frames) drawn to 11x17 size paper. If you only work with it in electronic form, it can be any size. That said, remember the comment above about making errors obvious. You are less likely to miss errors if the whole thing is clean and on one page. If you cannot cleanly place everything on one page (with whitespace to separate subcircuits), then a multi-page scheme with power, digital, analog, clock, etc on separate pages can help a lot.

If it's already a standard size, should I add new sheets if I run out of room?  In this case it almost seems like there should be a separate sheet to house the power diagrams leaving the bus to carry the control signals between sheets and using port symbols for power connections on the Micro-controller sheet.. (I have not been able to get EAGLE to let me make a new sheet yet.)

You can't make multiple sheets unless you have the full (not free) version of Eagle.

Hope this helps.