Hi Scott,

I looked over the SMSC USB2517 [1], and:

- It's clearly just a rev on the USB2507.

- The QFN is nice, and there are 16 less pins to deal with.

- The documentation is way better (!) and they have some app notes, even.

So I think we should go for it. Sorry to make you redo the package and
symbol, but I think this is totally worth it for the long run. Not to
ruin your weekend or anything, but it would be nice to have this done
before Tuesday, even this weekend.

There are a LOT of settings on this chip, and what you and I need to do
is carefully go through and set everything. I'd like to do this before
Tuesday, if possible; possibly we could meet Sunday after Jeremy and I
meet, or maybe Monday.

In the mean time, go ahead and make the library part, put it in the
schematic, and take a first whack at the settings. Then we'll step
through the datasheet.

Thanks,

Andrew

[1] http://www.smsc.com/main/catalog/usb251x.html#Additional%20Information