> I expect to get the VHF emergency uplink subsystem built by Monday, and
> I need a few things.

Wuhoo! Thanks Glenn!

> (1) Connector type for audio from VHF transceiver.

We ordered two ALinco DJ-C7T HTs:

http://www.alinco.com/Products/DJC7/

It doesn't say much, but on this page:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/ht/0107func.html

It says it's a 2.5 mm stereo jack.

> (2) Connector type for power.

Just go ahead and put a 2x 0.1" euroterminal block on it. I've got a
couple, if you need some.

> (3) Connector type for pyro switches.

Same thing, I think. One day we'll find something better.

> ** Alternately for all of the above I could put a 0.1 inch pin connector
> on the board edge. Probably the cleanest solution.

Sure, you could do this to whip it out, and then we can replace with the
euroterminals at our leisure.

> o  Pyro switch device, both part number and samples for construction.

Huh. We don't have anything here, really: we've been using low-side N
channel MOSFETs in a TO220 or equivalent SMT part. The problem is I just
*HATE* having the igniters high: it would be way better to use a high
side switch. IN the past we used BJTs, but perhaps a P-channel FET?

> o  Microcontroller, part number and sample for construction.

Let's use a very simple AVR part. If anyone has a suggestion, let me
know, else I'll go dig up one of the small AVRs.

> (1) Programming can come at the last minute?

Of course! :)

No, we'll start that as soon as you have a board.

> (2) I will provide 0.1 inch pins for programming.

Perfect.

> o  Two attachment points on metallic payload structure separated a foot
> or more longitudinally for longwire antenna.

We'll have to do this in the field with your SWR meter, right? Or is
this something we can "pre" do?

> (1) Something like a hole for a 6-32 screw. I will use a 6-32 screw lug
> to the antenna lead, and a SS 6-32 countersunk machine screw.

OK.

> o A quick peer review for sanity check.

Love it!

Thanks Glenn!