On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 12:30:26AM -0700, Barton C Massey wrote:
> Thanks Josh!!
>
> However this
>
> > And in any case, building and flashing a new u-boot can't
> > *hurt*.
>
> made me laugh a bit.  Never try to update flash unless it is
> known not-working, is my sage advice.  Call me chicken if
> you will.

Heh.  Fair enough.  Flashing in general can hurt a great deal,
particularly if something goes wrong.  However, flashing a new u-boot
should generally prove safe, and we shouldn't hesitate to do so if we
want a feature of newer u-boot.  The current u-boot should suffice for
now, though, as long as it boots current kernels.

- Josh Triplett