Not bad, but the form factor is a bit funny. They don't even discuss the cost. I'll be flying this PC104+ / Atom version unless something better comes along when I'm ready to buy:

http://www.wdlsystems.com/modperl/view_services.cgi?r=detail&prod_num=1LA512C&aisle_id=1198

There are industrial temperature types, but they cost 50% more. Still, $490 for an x86 in onesies is hard to beat. The one Jeremy found uses the Z570, this one is the N270. Not sure the difference.

IMHO, many vendors are making small and powerful computers, but they all have their own random form factor. As a result, we can't go buy a COTS carrier, case, or expansion module. Instead, we have to run a full design cycle just to make the thing fit in the rocket. I'd like to see a PC104+ version of the PPC (if that's what we use). That would at least make mounting and peripherals more manageable.

In general, it probably doesn't matter what we launch, as long as we launch *something*. I think we could make any of these work, just some may take years longer than others.

Wow, that *IS* a nice module. And yeah, we're kinda stuck with launching
a PowerPC because of our Linux on POWER grant. But that's OK, what we
have now will work well for quite a while, and then we can always swap
out after we successfully launch the PPC.

Andrew

Jeremy Booth wrote:
I figure we have our flight computer needs satisfied for a bit, but I
was bumbling around on the interwebs and saw this:

http://www.compulab.co.il/iam/html/iam-cm-datasheet.htm

Roughly the same physical size as the power PC, but a lot of room to
expand with features.  Draws about twice the power.