On 08/14/2010 01:35 PM, Daniel Ferguson wrote:

The chip has SPI and SSP
the SSP can be configured as an SPI (i think).

SPI is REALLY simple, the key thing is the chip select, which (I think) needs to be separate to each device on the bus. An SPI peripheral will have one "automatic" CS, but I've always just configured it as an ordinary GPIO and run it manually (rather than relying on the peripheral to handle it).

I'd be happy to take a look at what you're doing if it'll help...I can't find the 2378 user's manual at NXP, tho. But I bet it's pretty close to the same as the 2148 (which is what I'm familiar with).

Regards,
--
Mersenne Law LLC  ·  www.mersenne.com  ·  +1-503-679-1671
- Small Business, Startup and Intellectual Property Law -