If I'm reading that right, the chip select for the LCD is SSEL0
(P1.21/PWM1.3/SSEL0 - pin 50) and if you de-assert that, the LCD should no
longer respond to the SPI bus.  You should be able to add several things to
SPI0 if you are so inclined, and assert their chip selects as appropriate.

The header pin configuration looks odd though.  Maybe it's not pinned out
for SPI0?