You can make a similar compound to the ones used in 4th style and smoke bombs
and real smoke grenades by caramelizing powdered sugar and adding salt petter.
The cool thing about that is you can pour the compound into what ever storage /
delivery vessel you like.  It works very well, a pop can sized amount can fully
obscure a four way intersection fairly quickly.  Im sure we would need to play
with the ignition method though i've usually seen it done by sticking a cannon
fuse in the compound...

Sent remotely