That's a great point! I would love the smoky-flag indicating where the thing
landed on the ground... I would also mention, if there is a risk in the area
that we launch, the flight computer can cut off power to the smoke
generator....

IMOHO, I'd like something that is essentially zero maintenance, and zero
setup time in the field. If we can prep the smoke generator a week before,
and bolt it on, do a last minute test the day of the launch, that's great...
The extent to which we have to do day-of-launch wiring and testing is of
concern, as there is already a million things going on on that day...