Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2011 6:43 PM
To: psas-avionics
Subject: [psas-avionics] Quick avionics update

Hey!

Just a quick update for tonight's meeting, which I can't make :(

1. We added the SMSC hub chip dev board to the avionics module. This 7
port hub will be good for the GPS FTDI serial adapter, the USB wifi
adapter, and then n number of GFEs. We've easily got room for one, and
possibly two, GFEs.

2. Sensor board PCBs should have come in - these are Theo's boards for
the Mag, acc, and gyro. We'll stuff these boards, but it may make sense
to see if we can get one Analog Device's trick IMU modules and use that
as a *complete* solution. See

http://www.analog.com/en/mems-sensors/imu/adis16407/products/product.html

3. Friday morning, 8am - noon, we'll be at NW EMC to characterize the
patch antennas. Anyone is welcome, but please coordinate directly with
me if you're coming.

We have a lot of other things engineery-things to go over, which we'll
do Tuesday, including requirements for the next FC (the one after the
PPC), a bit of a discussion on system architecture, etc.

See you then!