On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM, K Wilson <kwilson...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Here is my thinking:
> ----------------------
>
> Assume: LPC2368 in the 100 pin LQFP.
> Assume: ADIS16405BMLZ
>
> Reference:
> LPC23xx User Manual Rev 3 (25 August) p116
> http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/ADIS16400_16405.pdf
> (rev B) page 8
>
> LPC23xx (ADIS)         LPC2368 PIN    ADIS PIN*
> SCK     (SCK)               62           3
> SSEL    (_CS)               63           6
> MISO    (DOUT)              61           4
> MOSI    (DIN)               60           5
>
> * see page 8 of ADIS datasheet for diagram

Couldn't find the word slave on page 8... Page 10?

> -----------------
> Caveat: LPC Slave mode:
>    "The open drain SPI option is not implemented in this design. When a
> device
>    is set up to be a slave, its I/Os are only active when it is
> selected by the
>    SSEL signal being active."
>
>    Since we will run the ADIS with the LPC in master mode, I don't
> think this is an issue.

Agree not an issue. Let's catch the interrupt, then pull the data as LPC
master.

> Caveat: Can someone please check the semantics of the MISO/MOSI
> assignment above?
>
> I haven't checked the pins yet. Did you look to see if they are muxed on
the GFE?

Given the cost of this sensor and the consequences of failure, can we get
inline resistors between the LPC and the ADIS?  It's cheap insurance if
someone messes up the initialization and burns up a pin.