Avionics firmware.

If you are just getting started with the stm32f407 (or just getting started
with embedded programming with PSAS) I've pushed some simple examples
to the stm32.git repository.

In the src directory there are two examples that may be useful to shake
down your toolchain (compilers, editors (or IDEs), flash programmer
stuff etc).

src/extintr: A short program that demonstrates how to use the external
interrupt
pin on the olimex board (WKUP) to turn the led on. This also introduces the
virtual timers in ChibiOS.

src/extintrevent: If you got the extrintr working, this adds an event to
the external
interrupt and a shell interface running through the USB serial
connection. It also demonstrates
a thread running a 'blink the led' loop.

On linux the serial shell interface should show up as /dev/ttyACM0.
Open a serial connection to that device using minicom or something similar.

ex:
 Welcome to minicom 2.6.1

 Compiled on Feb 11 2012, 18:12:55.
 Port /dev/ttyACM0

 Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

 ChibiOS/RT Shell
 ch>
 ch>
 ch>
 ch> help
 Commands: help exit info systime mem threads
 ch> WKUP btn. eventid: 0
 WKUP btn. eventid: 0
 WKUP btn. eventid: 0

If you want to experiment, try to extend the source to 'software
debounce' the button. It should only
trigger the event once on press or release of the button. There are
other comments in the
code with suggestions for other experiments too.

These examples are also a good way to begin to get familiar with the ST
Reference manual
and datasheet.

Search for stm32f407 on the ST site:
http://www.st.com

The Olimex stm32-e407 board uses the STM32F407ZGT6 part.

Here is the reference manual:
http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/reference_manual/DM00031020.pdf

Here is the data sheet:
http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/datasheet/DM00037051.pdf

We will have an embedded software working group tonight at the meeting.
We're hoping to have everyone
compiling and programming their boards, then start developing the PWM
interface.

Hope to see you there.

 -K