I'm pretty sure the issue is that openocd wasn't built with the
--enable-ft2232-libftdi configure flag. To fix you'll have to compile it
yourself.

Make sure you have libftdi-dev (sudo apt-get install libftdi-dev) and
download the openocd source code (Sourceforge
link<http://sourceforge.net/projects/openocd/?source=dlp>
).
Once you have it extracted, run
./configure --enable-ft2232-libftdi