First of all, I'm really sorry, PSAS email is STILL down. I'm SSH'd in to our
server artisianally hand-crafting this email
using jack hammers and vim. Yes, I'm using vim, and you know how much I hate
vim. So if you need to get a hold of me, please
use my other email addresses, such as andrew1602 at gmail. I'm not sure when
mail will be back up, this should have been
fixed a week ago.
Second of all, tomorrow is going to be complicated, so here's the current plan:
1) Andrew picks up the launch control table from Dave today or ungodly early
tomorrow morning. The LC table has the Yaesu
mobile radio and the nice sine wave inverter on it.
2) Sunday morning 8:30am, Andrew picks up Glenn and his battery pack,
directional antenna, and cable crimper.
3) Sunday morning 9:00am we meet with Dean and John in the rocket room, make a
long RG-316 cable (the thin coax cable), make
sure we're all packed, and head out.
- Andrew, Dean, and Jenner (and maybe Glenn?) head out to the Troutdale
airport, meet Teresa, and get all the equipment
situated in the plane.
- John, Kenny, and others head out to Rocky Butte and get set up. Andrew and
whoever else join them hopefully before takeoff.
4) Lift off at 11am unless we coordinate it earlier.
- Plane/ground communications: We'll try our standard 2m band (146.43 MHz) for
communication to the plane, but that might
(probably?) won't work because of noise, distance, Aluminum fuselages and
whatnot. Backup plan is SMS. Backup-backup plan is
to not be able to communicate :)
5) The plane flies pasts Mt. St. Helens and then back, streaming packets the
6) Rocky Butte tries to track, using both the helical ("top hat") antenna and
the BBQ grill if the top hat fails.
Occasionally we pull GPS packets from the data stream in order to get the
plane's curent position, so we can adjust tracking
angle as necessary.
7) We all meet back in the rocket room after the test is done (hopefully around
2? 3?). Someone said something about this
sports game on TV that starts in the afternoon? So apparently we should try and
be done before then ;)
If you have any questions, email me or call me at 503-708-7711.
Thanks, see you tomorrow!
psas-avionics mailing list