He definitely threw us on a short list: it looks like he made a
Science showcase page of eight repos and they put av3-fc on there.
Very cool list includes iPython, CERN's CMS, and RPLoS, among others
that I haven't heard of but which look awesome. There are two
astronomy-related ones, emcee and astropy.

https://github.com/showcases/science