The Good News:

- Design review went great tonight. Thanks everyone for attending! I
tried sending the board to OSHPark, but their EAGLE file processor
choked on the board, so I'm waiting to hear back from them. Hey, Jenner,
help! :)

The Bad News:

Just for fun, Devin hooked up the avionics module's GPS antenna to the
VNA in the LID. Well, lo and behold, the resonant frequency of that
patch is now at 1.7 GHz . This TOTALLY sucks, because it means our
antenna is too short. We cut down the antenna many moons ago, but
apparently it has drifted up in frequency and now there's no easy way to
fix it.

Luckily, there are two spare GPS antenna PCBs left from back when we did
the last run in 2011. Devin and I are going to meet Sunday morning and
try and make a new one. We'll test it out and make sure it works well,
and then when we're confident it's OK, we'll replace the antenna on the
module.

Feel free to join us and help out Sunday morning! We'll be in the LID
starting around 10am or so (I'll email the list as we get going that
morning).

Take care,

Electrical and Computer Engineering
Portland State University