On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 2:35 AM, Andrew Greenberg <a...@ece.pdx.edu> wrote:

> Kenny and I saw another freeze on the STM32 on the RNH as we were
> flipping things on and off all over the place (shore power, various
> nodes, essentially everything on and off).

There is a known crash related to cycling shorepower/batteries documented
here <https://github.com/psas/stm32/issues/58>, but not yet really
investigated.

> Since you never saw a freeze with JTAG connected, that made me think
> that perhaps we're treating the SWD/JTAG pins connected. So:
>
> First of all, I assume we're using SWD and not JTAG.

We are using JTAG as we still support the Olimex ARM-USB-OCD debuggers and
they don't do SWD. If we want to move to only the STLink debuggers and then
use SWD that's fine too, we've just not made that decision yet.

Second, please verify that we configure the pins this way:

> - PA13 = TMS/SWDIO  = AF0, INPUT W/PULL UP
> - PA14 = TCK/SWCLK  = AF0, INPUT W/PULL DOWN
> - PA15 = TDI        = !AF0, INPUT W/PULL UP
> - PB3  = TDO        = !AF0, OUTPUT LOW
> - PB4  = TRST       = !AF0, INPUT W/PULL UP

TMS, TDI, and TRST were set to floating, they are now set to pullups.

--
-Theo