There was a request off-list for more background on this stuff, because
we're using plenty of jargon. One of the big goals for this group is
education, so I'm eager to help people understand what's going on. But I
don't want to answer questions privately, because I'm sure more people are
confused and curious.

For general context on this particular discussion, try Google searches
about Software Defined Radio, and Andrew's masters thesis about GPS, which
you can find along with other resources here:

http://gps.psas.pdx.edu/GpsResources/

Looks like http://gnss-sdr.org and http://swiftnav.com have material that
might be good too, although I haven't read any of their stuff. Let me know
whether it helps you. :-) They're solving the same problems we are from
different perspectives.

If you want to dig into the specifics of what we're working on right now,
there are four relevant git repositories at https://github.com/psas/:
gps-rf-board, gps-cpld, stm32 (gpsv3 branch), and gps. The datasheet for
the MAX2769 chip on the RF board is the main thing we've been struggling
with lately. You might find the commit history in stm32's gpsv3 branch and
in the gps repo informative for more context on what we've been doing most
recently.

Finally, I want to encourage everyone to ask questions, both on this
mailing list and during our weekly meetings. It's super important for the
future of this group that we help newer folks get comfortable participating
in everything we're doing, and we can't do that if we don't know what you
need.

Jamey