... make sure you use the *correct* input.

Yes: the root cause of not being able to be locked on real GPS
satellites is that we were feeding the *wrong* LNA on the MAX2769 into
the MAX's ADC. The wrong LNA went to an used pin on the MAX2769, so of
course we weren't even getting the RF from the satellites.

What is AMAZING is that when we were using the HackRF to simulate a GPS
satellite, we could still correlate to the signal given no RF path
besides a floating pin... which led us down a lot of wrong paths for
figuring out the problem.

Electrical and Computer Engineering
Portland State University
http://www.ece.pdx.edu/