Up late indeed! News from the late-night crew: - Pressure sensor data is now getting to the FC. A hardware fix was required to swap SCL and SDA pins. Plus lots of firmware magic. - PiCam2 stopped working a couple nights ago. We thought it was just a bad cable, but it turned out that the Pi had been baked with too many volts in the wrong place. We did all the flight mods on a new Raspberry Pi and replaced picam2. - Another system test, mostly to see WiFi loaded with full telemetry and video come up from scratch. It worked but is still finicky. We did one of these on Tuesday and the link bitrate was stuck at 1 MBit/s which is too low to deliver our telemetry. I did a bunch more testing Wednesday night and eventually came across the right bring-up order and event response matrix to get things working with reasonable bitrates. It turns out the wireless driver we are using just doesn't support being told what bitrate to use. And some times it gets stuck on the wrong one. - We managed to crash the RNH with Theo in the room, so he pulled an SRAM dump to sort through later. I crashed it again after he left. But we have a physical reset method exposed outside the rocket now, so these crashes won't stop a launch. - Some of the TM4K stability issues may have been related to logs filling the disk, so I added a 32GB SD card which should provide about 30 hours of active telemetry and video capture. Still need to get Cacti configured for monitoring disk and other system resources network-wide. - PiCam2 (store only, no streaming) bitrate limit has been removed so we will get the full 1080p experience. At around 1 MByte/s to the local SD card, we can record for about 3.4 hours. Starting up the cameras happens right before we hit the big red GO button, so this will work fine. - People have been putting in lots of hours this week making all the things work. This was just a summary of Thursday night.
The testing Wednesday night included a Venus (COTS) GPS lock from a FAB basement window with WiFi amps blaring while streaming video around a corner and down the hall to the FDT. http://imgur.com/a/HERqK Testing Tuesday night included getting Venus lock to show up on the telemetry page for the first time. And post-processing the raw GPS data collected from the jGPSv3 board we are actually flying, connected to our flight antenna. The data correlated and lined up with expectations based on the satellite constellation at sample time. Not to sound too optimistic, but this might just work. Let's go launch this thing! -- Kenny -+---+++-++-++++--+------+-+-++--++--+-+-++--+++-++----+-++-+++---+----+--+----+ On Thu, 2015-07-16 at 21:40 -0700, Andrew Greenberg wrote: > Hi everyone, > > we'll be down in the rocket room (and around FAB) testing the avionics > system tonight. Come down and test with us if you can! We'll be up... > late :) > > Andrew >
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature
_______________________________________________ psas-avionics mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org http://lists.psas.pdx.edu/mailman/listinfo/psas-avionics