On 2016-10-12 12:38, Andrew Greenberg wrote:
Hi all,

PSAS was started as a student branch chapter of the IEEE "Aerospace And
Electronics Systems Society" (AESS), before we were all famous and
everything. So if you're a current ECE student, let me encourage you to
go join IEEE (and maybe even the AESS, too). You'll get good magazines,
access to some cool professional meetings and events at PSU, and it's cheap.

Note: The Industrial Automation Society sponsors free dinner for students who attend their monthly meetings in the Lloyd district. Nice folks, and good talks about larger-scale EE work. One dinner/mo x 12 months ~= 1 yr student IEEE membership, so it pays for itself. :)