Hey everyone,

Revision 0 of the version 0 "Solar Module" is done, pending a Google
Hangout with Alta Devices, the folks who make our solar cells, which
will most likely change everything ;)

http://github.com/oresat/solar/

Left to figure out is how we:

1) Adhere the solar module to the PCB. They're suggesting either 3M 966
adhesive tape, or Dow Corning 93-500 "space grade" silicone. I'm leaning
towards the tape, but we'll see.

2) Attach the metal tabs to the PCB. Turns out we can't solder to the
tabs, that'll kill the cells (?). So we should apparently use conductive
adhesive, but which one? And how much? and where on the tabs? Apparently
there are some tricky issues here.

3) Cover the cells. The bare modules need to be covered with some kind
of cover glass or other protection.

We'll discuss this all on a Google Hangouts with them - I'll let
everyone know when that is. I think at least Austin and Calvin should be
on that call, too, although everyone's welcome to listen in. Have a few
more ME types on the call might be a very good idea, too.

Andrew

Andrew Greenberg

Electrical and Computer Engineering
Portland State University