Space rated parts are necessary for standard duration space missions.
Short duration missions are different, as evidenced by many a CubeSat
that use pretty standard COTS parts. Rather than  building a standard
duration satellite, I wonder what we can do to our current avionics
system to make it more CubeSat-like in its space readiness.

And even if it only lasted for a matter of hours, I think we'd all agree
that we would LOVE to have the problem that our avionics system isn't
space ready enough ;)

Andrew