It would be helpful to turn on the early debug message option. Perhaps
add the correct serial driver for the board.

I tried the link to the mailing list but some how failed to open it.
JTAG tool will be really helpful, did you use a BDI2000? Usually you can
get the correct scan chain from the tool vendor's firmware.

James