Hi everyone,

So far, we're still "go" for an October 12th launch but it's going to be
extremely close. Here's some info and status update:

- We'll be launching at OregonRocketry's "Rocketober" launch
(http://www.oregonrocketry.com/) in Brothers, Oregon. Peter will help us
coordinate with them, since the waiver is in their name.

- The airframe is almost done. Lots of detail work to be done, but we
have an aeroshell, airframe, nosecone, etc. The one big unknown is the
recovery system. We're working as hard as we can on this, but there's a
*lot* to do for this system, and it has to be done "right".

- We won't have much avionics on this flight. We have a commercial
recovery computer that we bought for firing the recovery system, and we
may have some on-board video recording, but that's it. We'll focus on
avionics this winter, for a 2009 launch.

In terms of up coming schedule:

- We need to schedule a ground systems day as soon as possible; Sunday
the 21st may be a good day for that, if that works for everyone's schedules.

- Wednesday October 1st is the meeting we'll make our "go/no go" decision.


Andrew Greenberg

Portland State Aerospace Society (http://psas.pdx.edu/)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  P: 503.788.1343  C: 503.708.7711

psas-team mailing list

This list's membership is automatically generated from the memberships of the 
psas-airframe, psas-avionics, and psas-general mail lists. Visit 
http://lists.psas.pdx.edu to individually subscribe/unsubscribe yourself from 
these lists.

Reply via email to