We're trying to get as many new people as possible to the Intro
meeting next Tuesday. With that goal in mind, we're asking all
PSU-registered students to take a few minutes to talk to their classes
about PSAS and this Tuesday's meeting. (Yes, this means you'll
actually have to get to class a minute or two early to get your prof's
permission, but it's for a worthy cause!) Please, please talk to your
classes between now and Tuesday night. Time is of the essence!
To help folks out, here's a short script you might use to cover the
"I'm ------- and I'm with the Portland State Aerospace Society. In
short, we build amateur rockets using open technologies.
Here are some cool things about PSAS:
- We're a group of students and industry professionals who meet
regularly to work on rockets
- We use open source software and commercial-off-the-shelf hardware
- We're building everything ourselves
- All experience levels are welcome - we've got projects for everyone
- PSU doesn't have an aerospace department, so if you're interested in
Aerospace Engineering, we're the only game in town.
- In the past, some folks have done some capstone tie-ins to PSAS
- At the very least, you'll get substantial experience to pad your resume
We are launching later this year and we're looking for folks who want
to jump in and get busy. PSAS meets weekly in the Fourth Avenue
Building on Tuesday nights. This Tuesday, October 21st, at 6pm, we're
having an intro meeting to chat with potential new members, followed
by our regular meeting at 7pm. Come to FAB 150 and meet the PSAS
folks. You'll be glad you came!
Questions? If not, see you Tuesday!"
Thanks for taking the time to talk to your classes. Let's get lots of
folks involved, because it's going to be a great launch year!
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.
psas-team mailing list
This list's membership is automatically generated from the memberships of the
psas-airframe, psas-avionics, and psas-general mail lists. Visit
http://lists.psas.pdx.edu to individually subscribe/unsubscribe yourself from