Hi everyone,

The PSF board meeting minutes from 30th September are now available online at
[1].  There were 10 directors present, and 1 sent in proxy vote. Kurt Kaiser
(Treasurer), Betsy Waliszewski (Event Planner and Administrator), Mark Mangoba
(IT Manager), and Ewa Jodlowska (Director of Operations) were also present in
the meeting.

The Python Software Foundation's Sponsor Working group approved 1korting.com,
and Sticker Mule at the Iron Sponsor Level.

We are also happy to announce the 2016 3rd Quarter Community Service Awards to
Sheila Miguez and William Kahn-Greene for their monumental work in creating and
supporting PyVideo over the years.

The following grants were also approved from our last meeting, totaling
$8595.44

* PythonCR meetup group
  Meetup group sponsorship
  $29.94

*  Django Girls, PyCon ZA
   PyCon ZA
   $300

* Manipal University Python Developer Conference
  $687.50

* PyCaribbean
  February 18-19, 2017 in Bayamón, Puerto Rico
  $3000

* Bay Area Python3.x Rigorous Indulgence Group (BayPRIGgies)
  6 hour tutorial event of “Compatible Advanced Python” on 9/25 & 10/23
  $600

* PyCon Japan 2016
  $978

* TechPy Workshop 2016
  Baroda, India
  $500

* GeoPython 2016
  May 8-10, 2017 in Muttenz, Switzerland
  $2500

Note: There were no board meetings during November. The next board meeting will
be in December.

For more updates from the PSF, please visit our blog[2] and follow us on
Twitter[3].

[1] https://www.python.org/psf/records/board/minutes/2016-09-30/
[2] https://pyfound.blogspot.com/
[3] https://twitter.com/ThePSF