I am thinking about writing a new web program in PSGI/Plack.  I purchased
the 24-chapter book, but it seems geared towards porting over existing
apps, not as a starter tutorial.

as I was looking for more info, I noticed the following is dead on the
plack webpage:

PlebGUI: WebGUI meets Plack
<http://blog.patspam.com/2009/plebgui-webgui-meets-plack>
Patrick Donelan writes a good introduction for PSGI and Plack from the web
application developers point of view.

but did not see an email for the maintainer.
nice starters are in
http://search.cpan.org/~leejo/CGI-Alternatives-0.14/lib/CGI/Alternatives.pm
and http://savage.net.au/Perl/html/plack.for.beginners.html .

so I really need basic tutorial examples / documentation for a new app.
 specifically, I need

   - hello world (documentation already exists).  I like the simplicity of
   keeping each webpage in its own .pl file.  Less enthused by mojo like
   approach of one big dispatch app.  but I could live with it.   is one
   dispatch app required for psgi/plack (

http://advent.plackperl.org/2009/12/day-12-maps-multiple-apps-with-mount-and-urlmap.html)?
   - session management (aka CGI:Session) -- aka php $_SESSION
   - GET, POST, SERVER read access -- aka php $_GET $_POST $_SERVER
   - http redirect -- aka php header("Location: /elsewhere/file.thml");
   - CGI::Carp fatalstobrowser  -- aka php default

I have been using Text::Template for a while, and it seems fine.  but it
could be easily switched.

that's it.

probably 50 lines of code.  would it be possible for someone in the know to
post here and on the plack/psgi website, too?

does psgi need/have an application skeleton generator, like
Mojolicious::Command::generate::app
<http://mojolicious.org/perldoc/Mojolicious/Command/generate/app>?

help?

--