On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 12:25:15 AM UTC-7, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
wrote:

> This is not Plack specific, but in general in Perl:
>
> my $stack;
> local $SIG{__DIE__} = sub { $stack = longmess() };
> eval { code(); 1 }
> or do {
>     my $error = $@ || "Zombie Error";
>     say "You had an error with stack $stack";
> };
>
> You probably want to chop off the stack bits that land you in the
> __DIE__ handler itself, and this gets quite tricky in some situations.

Thanks, I have tried various forms of that. The problem is getting
Plack::Middleware::StackTrace to *use* that stack info in it's formatting.
When I rethrow the exception, it displays a big wall of text (the
longmess), followed by a beautifully formatted stack trace of the call
stack where the error was rethrown.

I think I need a way to modify the exception that
Plack::Middleware::StackTrace sees in its DIE handler before it receives
it...
I suppose maybe I could add another middleware that appends data to the
response. Egh.

--

---