Agora será que a culpa é do IE7 mesmo ? Segundo o validador do w3c,
esse código tem erros...

Código da página:

<!--
        Easy IE Crash by Hamachiya2 (http://hamachiya.com/junk/ie_crash.html)
-->

Página do validador
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fhamachiya.com%2Fjunk%2Fie_crash.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0#result

Validation Output:  2 Errors

   1. Error Line 5, Column 0: no document type declaration; will parse
without validation.

      The document type could not be determined, because the document
had no correct DOCTYPE declaration. The document does not look like
HTML, therefore automatic fallback could not be performed, and the
document was only checked against basic markup syntax.

      Learn how to add a doctype to your document from our FAQ, or use
the validator's Document Type option to validate your document against
a specific Document Type.

   2. Error Line 5, Column 41: document type does not allow element
"TABLE" here.

      The element named above was found in a context where it is not
allowed. This could mean that you have incorrectly nested elements --
such as a "style" element in the "body" section instead of inside
"head" -- or two elements that overlap (which is not allowed).

      One common cause for this error is the use of XHTML syntax in
HTML documents. Due to HTML's rules of implicitly closed elements,
this error can create cascading effects. For instance, using XHTML's
"self-closing" tags for "meta" and "link" in the "head" section of a
HTML document may cause the parser to infer the end of the "head"
section and the beginning of the "body" section (where "link" and
"meta" are not allowed; hence the reported error).