Antonio S. de A. Terceiro escreveu isso aí:
> Marcelo Souza escreveu isso aí:
> > > Nossa, como esse mundo dá voltas...
> > >
> > > Primeiro a IBM, será que agora será a Micro$oft?!?
> >
> >   Mas, pelo o que eu saiba, o IronPython não é implementado/financiado
> > pela Microsoft. E esta sobre a Licenca CPL (Common Public License) da
> > IBM. Acredito que não tenha nada a ver com a Microsoft.
> >
> >   A Microsoft tem alguns Software de Código Fonte Aberto sobre uma
> > licenca Shared Source que é diferente das licencas Open Source.
>
> Num zip no site da própria MS, está sob a Shared Source License:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94082d26-e689-4f7f-859b-fec6dacf3ae8&displaylang=en

Aliás sobre *uma* licença Shared Source. Aparentemente não existe uma
só: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html (procure "Microsoft)

E mais, essa do IronPython não me parece ser das piores não:

  Shared Source License for IronPython

  This license governs use of the accompanying software (“Software”),
  and your use of the Software constitutes acceptance of this license.

  You may use the Software for any commercial or noncommercial purpose,
  including distributing derivative works.

  In return, we simply require that you agree:

  1. Not to remove any copyright or other notices from the Software.

  2. That if you distribute the Software in source code form you do so
  only under this license (i.e. you must include a complete copy of this
  license with your distribution), and if you distribute the Software
  solely in object form you only do so under a license that complies
  with this license.

  3. That the Software comes "as is", with no warranties. None
  whatsoever. This means no express, implied or statutory warranty,
  including without limitation, warranties of merchantability or fitness
  for a particular purpose or any warranty of title or non-infringement.
  Also, you must pass this disclaimer on whenever you distribute the
  Software or derivative works.

  4. That neither Microsoft nor any contributor to the Software will be
  liable for any of those types of damages known as indirect, special,
  consequential, or incidental related to the Software or this license,
  to the maximum extent the law permits, no matter what legal theory
  it’s based on. Also, you must pass this limitation of liability on
  whenever you distribute the Software or derivative works.

  5. That if you sue anyone over patents that you think may apply to the
  Software for a person's use of the Software, your license to the
  Software ends automatically.

  6. That the patent rights, if any, granted in this license only apply
  to the Software, not to any derivative works you make.

  7. That if you are an agency of the U.S. Government, (i) Software
  provided pursuant to a solicitation issued on or after December 1,
  1995, is provided with the commercial license rights set forth in this
  license, and (ii) Software provided pursuant to a solicitation issued
  prior to December 1, 1995, is provided with "Restricted Rights" as set
  forth in FAR, 48 C.F.R. 52.227-14 (June 1987) or DFAR, 48 C.F.R.
  252.227-7013 (Oct 1988), as applicable.

  8. That your rights under this License end automatically if you breach
  it in any way.

  9. That all rights not expressly granted to you in this license are
  reserved.

  See FAQ.html for answers to frequently asked questions about this
  license.

--
Antonio S. de A. Terceiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~asaterceiro