[CompTIA = o major lobbista da Microsoft]

http://www.mworld.com/m/m.w?lp=GetStory&id=291304461

CompTIA Adds New Intellectual Property Rights Depth to Its Advocacy Team
Released : Friday, February 01, 2008 10:57 AM
Business Editors/Technology Editors
WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--February 1, 2008--The Computing Technology
Industry Association (CompTIA) has added significant depth to its
intellectual property advocacy efforts with the recent hire of Chris
Katopis. Well regarded within the intellectual property community,
Katopis will work for the interests of CompTIA’ s membership primarily
on intellectual property rights, patent reform, and tech-neutrality in
government procurement. Additionally, he will fill the role as CompTIA’
s Director for the Latin American region, and will also lead CompTIA’ s
Initiative for Software Choice (www.softwarechoice.org). Katopis is the
sixth lobbyist in CompTIA’ s Washington office, which is located on
Capitol Hill.
Mr. Katopis joins CompTIA after serving as a judicial clerk with the
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, where a predominance of
his work centered on patent cases. Before his federal clerkship, Katopis
was Director of Congressional Relations at the U.S. Patent and Trademark
Office, acting as chief liaison between the PTO and Members of Congress.
Prior to that experience, Mr. Katopis was committee counsel for the
House Judiciary Subcommittee on Courts, the Internet, and Intellectual
Property, where he focused on intellectual property matters and related
legislation for the Committee.
Katopis received a B.S. in Engineering from the University of
Pennsylvania, and a J.D. from Temple University, both in Philadelphia, PA.
“Chris’ specialized expertise and leadership within the IP community
provides CompTIA with an invaluable resource, especially as the issue of
intellectual property rights hits the mainstream,” noted Robert Kramer,
Vice President of Public Policy for CompTIA. “CompTIA members small to
large will benefit immensely from his knowledge of IPR and the Hill. We
are privileged to have Chris become a key member of our growing team.”
Added Mr. Katopis, “IP drives the IT industry, and the IT industry
drives our economy. CompTIA’ s diverse membership has brought such
tremendous benefits to Americans and the world, I consider it a distinct
honor to work on their behalf, acting to shape IP policy and helping
Congress know our members’ success story.”
About CompTIA
The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) is the voice of
the world's $3 trillion information technology industry. CompTIA
membership extends into more than 100 countries and includes companies
at the forefront of innovation; the channel partners and solution
providers they rely on to bring their products to market; and the
professionals responsible for maximizing the benefits organizations
receive from their technology investments. For more information, please
visit www.comptia.org.
Copyright 2008 Business Wire

--
Alberto Barrionuevo