On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 11:01, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> [...]
> I used stock kernels on both 7.2, 7.3 and 8.0, and every audio app I use
> (xmms, rhythmbox, gst-player) has this problem.  I have tried with both
> OSS sound output, ALSA oss emulation, and pure ALSA.  pure ALSA gives the
> best result up to now, but still unacceptably worse than with 7.3.

Hello Thomas,
I have the exact same problem.

My setup is an athlon XP2000+ and a sounblaster live, and the sound
quality is very low due to these bad droputs.
I've been told that it's possible to solve the problem by installing
ALSA, but I've not yet tryied it, an official package from Red Hat would
be very welcome :)

If there is a way to solve that (very annoying) problem without
replacing the entire sound system I would be glad to know it.

Bye,
Alex