Hey Herman,

Most often, my clients are fascinated by the screen reader. It's never been a
problem. If anything, the control room sometimes gets a bit noisy for me when
clients are discussing parts, arrangements, etc. In those cases, I sometimes
find it a bit hard to hear the screen reader. I have a pair of earbuds right
next to me at all times which I can easily plug right into the video monitor
which is hosting the Mac's system output.

when folks are tuning up or warming up and I'm taking levels, I use the dim
switch on the control|24 to attenuate Pro Tools by 20 dB which is often enough
to read levels clearly. Otherwise, just lowering the volume knob substantially
should do the trick as well. Of course, if you're recording someone in the same
room, there's probably no work-around other than using some kind of earbud.

HTH,