From: ptaccess@googlegroups.com [mailto:ptaccess@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Jürgen Fleger
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2011 5:24 AM
To: ptaccess@googlegroups.com
Subject: Pro Tools 9 - How to start

Hi All,

my name is Jürgen and I'm from Germany. I'm fairly new in Pro Tools and after a
successful registration of my iLok, what was not that easy, here are the next
issues.

I'm experienced in using Sound Forge. So I'm not new in sound editing but in
using a multi track editor. After installing and starting PT 9 I created a new
session. At first I imported an audio file. It was a wav file. But now I don't
know how to go on because when I press spacebar for listening to the file,
nothing happens. I searched where to adjust the internal sound card of my iMac
but I couldn't find anything like that. Probably PT is adjusted to the MBox but
I haven't connected a mbox.

So you see I really stuck right at the beginning and it was nice if you could
help me to start working with Pro Tools.

Thanks and best regards
Jürgen