Hi all,

I'm doing an assignment for my Pro Tools 101 class and have to import a
number of tracks, clip segments from them, butt splice them together, and
bounce the result back to disk as an mp3 file. I then have to take that
result and cross fade the segments into each other and bounce that to disk.

I can import the files directly from CD if needed but have all of them
already in FLAC format. That format appears to give the Mac fits. Does Pro
Tools handle this format? Is there another lossless format that would be
better?

I ask because I'm having to re-do all my CDs for my broadcasting anyway and
would like to have a format that is compatible between the systems. Sorry if
this is a bit far afield.

Thanks,

J. R.