Hi,

We are now in Chapter 6 on the PT101 course book.

This chapter is recording and working with MIDI.

I have the MIDI keyboard up and running, a JV 35 by Roland. It was a bit
tricky but mostly because it was one of those where you have to change from
cases where you have to be able to see the LED display on the keyboard. The
bad part is that it claims in the book that the parameter isn't saved which
means you have to do it every time the keyboard is powered up. Anyway, it is
working now.

I created a blank session, then created a new "instrument" track. According
to my instructor and the book this allows the use of xpand2 pack.

If I follow the procedure we used in class and the book there are at least
one place where you must use the mouse, maybe even two.

Does someone have a procedure they use when doing this that is fast and no
mouse required?

Second, I want to select and record 4 bars for a drum loop, I suspect I will
use these later to duplicate for the track. In the book they have you drag
from bar 1 through 4 to select them as a region? Then record them. What is
the best way to accomplish this procedure?

Can I set the start and end info in the counters area then somehow select
it?

It would be nice to take this text and set up an alternative set or
procedures that could be used by the visually impaired. Maybe I should write
down what works and collect them together for the next person who attempts
this cert effort. This would be a good time to do this since the book is
VERY new, we couldn't get them for the class until Jan 7th. I'm still trying
to get an accessible version of the book that isn't just a scanned version.
LOL

Thanks for the advice.

Best,

J. R.